Why Plastic Pots Are Getting Replaced by Terracotta Pots in Garden
If you are tired of using plastic pots, then it is the time when you should try out with large terracotta garden pots. These pots are absolutely stunning and are equipped with a lot of innovative features.
Large terracotta garden pots have now become the sole choices for maintaining decorative and organized gardening spaces. These pots are simply great and thus they have replaced ordinary or plastic-made garden ports recently. Some predominant advantages for which these garden pots have become more famous are as follows:
- Plants can grow easily and comfortably in these pots without any hindrances or disturbances.
- Excess water can easily drain out from these pots. Drain holes of these pots play an active role in drainage.
- The enhanced amount of oxygen will be received by plants with these porous pots as a result of which foods can be easily prepared by leaves.
- These pots are pretty durable in nature and thus they can be used for a long time. Thus you can use the same pots for many years without investing in new ones.
- These pots are equipped with thermal properties and thus heat remains retained for long.
- On the other hand, they are getting the highest acceptance just because of their natural appeal. They are also safe to use as they are eco-friendly.
- Your plants can be now kept away from pests easily as these pots have got amazing repellant elements in them.
- Your plants will remain extremely healthy as they will not get affected by climatic extremities ever if you use these kinds of pots.
- These pots are not heavy like any ordinary clay-pots and thus they can be easily moved from one corner to another as per convenience and gardening requirement.
You can now enhance the overall appeal of your garden space just by means of adding highly decorative terracotta pots for plants. Latest pot-designs are really very much innovative and impressive in appeal. These pots can be easily customized and thus every gardener loves to have them in his garden.
How to take care of terracotta-pots for plants?
- Terracotta pots should be protected against frosts otherwise cracks will get developed in them.
- You should store them only at frost-free places in order to make them protected in the long run.
- These pots should be cleaned thoroughly from time to time so that algae or fungus growth can be effectively prevented. In this respect, you can also include scrubbing or rinsing like acts in order to clean off deepest wastes.
- Different disinfected methods need to be implemented for making the pots free from bacterial attacks. No infectious elements will ever grow within properly disinfected pots. In this case, mild disinfectants can be used. On the other hand, bleach-water, vinegar-solution or baking-soda solution can also be used for satisfying the cleaning purpose well.
- Pot winterization is very much essential so that the pots can be used in a much hygienic manner.
Cracked large terracotta garden pots need to be repaired on time otherwise they might get severely damaged. Pots need to be dried before the arrival of a freezing season so that cracks can be prevented.