Vastu for the bedroom is very vital as this is the place for total relaxation and ultimate privacy. This is the place where people retire after the entire day’s job to relax and to have a sound sleep. Just like the kitchen, bathroom, and the living room, the bedroom also needs to abide by certain important things as per the Vastu Shashtra.
According to world famous Vastu Shastra consultant, Pallavi Chhelavda, the bedroom should be either rectangular or square in shape. Mentioned below are some of the important points that need to be followed as far as Vastu for a bedroom is concerned:
- The master bedroom should always be in the South- West direction of the home and should be occupied by the head of the family.
- It should always be bigger than the other rooms in the house.
- The bed in the bedroom should be placed towards the West or South wall so that the person sleeping on it will have the head in the direction of West or South and legs towards East or North.
- North or West direction is ideal for changing room, or attached bathroom. However, make sure that the bathroom does not face the bed straight away and always keep the door of the bathroom closed.
- The entrance door of the master bedroom should be fitted either on North, West or East wall.
- Keep the shelves, almirah or wardrobes in the South-West corner of the master bedroom.
- In case there is a mirror in the bedroom then make sure that any body part is not visible in the mirror while sleeping on the bed. This is because it is believed that the body part which is visible on the mirror may develop medical problems.
- It is better to avoid TV, laptop or desktops in the bedroom but if it is hard to avoid then place them in the South- East direction of the bedroom.
- As per Vastu Shastra, it is said that the bedroom should be devoid of any fish aquariums, plants etc. Instead, a pleasant and beautiful painting can be hanged on the wall. However, do not hang photographs of deceased ancestors on the wall.
- Ideally, the bedroom should be painted with baby pink, off-white or cream color. Do not use dark colors for the bedroom and keep it well- organized and free from clutter.
- Also refrain from keeping things like watches, clocks, electronic equipment that are not working in the bedroom as it disturbs the energy flow and creates conflict in the house.
- Do not place the temple or your prayer area in the bedroom.
- Keep the diffusers and aromatic candles as it helps in keeping the room feel fresh and aromatic.
Pallavi Chhelavda is the founder of Vastu Fengshui Research Institute and is a celebrated writer who has composed books like Fengshui in the business world, Fengshui 101 basic approaches to brilliant fortune, Vastu-Vidya etc. Her show, ‘Vastu Living’ is quite inspirational among her fans, which gives tips on how to take care of the issues and make lives in agreement.